Application and Registration
- Step 1 - Nomination from Partner Universities: In order to be accepted by the School of Architecture, the home institution of students selected within the framework of the ERASMUS+ programme or the Cooperation agreement must send an official nomination e-mail to the International Relations Office within the following deadlines.
- 1st semester, or full year: May 15th
- 2nd semester: October 15th
The nomination should include the following information for each student (Erasmus University Code, student’s name and surname, student’s email address, field of study, duration of studies. period - 1st/2nd semester or full year)
- Step 2 - Application documentation: Once we receive your nomination, our Incoming Service wil contact the student by email, providing all the information needed to proceed with the Application and all the documentation required. These instructions will be sent during the second-half of May and students are required to send all the documentation within the following deadlines:
- 1st semester, or full year: June 30th
- 2nd semester: November 15th
The documentation, duly signed and stamped, must be sent in PDF format through e-mail and via ordinary post to the following address:
Servizio Relazioni Internazionali - Dipartimento di Architettura (DiDA)
Università di Firenze - I FIRENZE01 - Plesso S. Teresa, Via della Mattonaia 8, 50121 - Firenze
- Step 3 - Acceptance letter: Once we process your application our Incoming service will send you an acceptance email with all the instructions regarding the steps to follow once you arrive in Florence. Please check the e-mail regularly during the month of July and take into account that during August the International Relations Office will be closed.
- Step 4 - Check In/ Registration at the School of Architecture: Once you arrive in Florence you should go personally to the International Relations Service to register your arrival and pick up the application documentation duly signed by the institutional coordinator in Florence. Please do not arrive before the 1st of September, as we are not allowed to register your arrival before September. You need to hand in to the International Office:
- Original application form duly completed and signed (only if you haven't sent it via ordinary post service)
- 2 passport size pictures (only if you haven't sent it via ordinary post service);
- Study plan form duly signed by your home institution;
- Other documentation that has to be signed by us (proof of arrival and so on)
Please note that the School of Architecture could eventually organize a general registration meeting in September, exchange students will receive an e-mail regarding it.
- Step 5 - Enrollment at the Erasmus Students/International Desk in Novoli: Once you have registered the arrival at the School of Architecture you are required to go to the Erasmus Registrar Office in order to proceed with the official enrollment at UNIFI. Admin staff will check your application documentation and will release you the matriculation number and a student card called “ libretto universitario ”. The libretto is the identification student card where all exams will be registered.
Please note that due to the high number of Erasmus students, the libretto could be issued several days after your registration. Novoli office will inform students as soon as libretto is ready; in the meantime, students can regularly attend classes.
Students will also receive an USER ID (matriculation number) and a provisional password (date of birth) to access the online service on https://sol.unifi.it/ where you will find the study plan with the selected courses.
The Erasmus Registrar Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) is located in Piazza Ugo di Toscana 5, Building D15 – ground floor, room 0.03 - 50127 Firenze and has the following opening hours:
Monday – Tuesday – Thursday 10.00-13.00
- Step 6: Change of Selected courses /learning agreement: If you need to change your learning agreement and the selected courses at UNIFI you are allowed to do it within the end of October (1st semester) or the end of March (2nd semester). For more information get in touch with the School of Architecture International Office (during the office hours or e-mailing to archintunifi.it)
Step 7: End of the mobility period: Before going back to your home university you are required to hand over the "Libretto" to the Erasmus Desk in Novoli, which will check your records (please check that all the exams are correctly registered in the online system and if you have problems get in touch with the lecturer) and send the official transcript of records to your home university via e-mail.
Step 8: Check-out at the School of Architecture: After returning the libretto, students are required to go to the Servizio Relazioni Internazionali (International Relations Office) at the School of Architecture to get the period certificate signed.
- Study plan changes and other issues